Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines for Dudes

I have to apologize up front for the lousy phone pics. I was in a hurry, trying to get out of the house, to my truck where the boys were waiting, and on to our homeschool group's Valentine skate party.

I was in such a hurry that I forgot my keys and purse as I slammed the locked front door shut behind me.  Climbing through a window was not on my to-do list for that day but I did it (so the boys wouldn't see their after-party surprise) and we still managed to make it to the party on time!  Yay us!

So my awesome husband surprised me with a dozen peach roses (a tradition for us), some sugar-free chocolates, and a tear-jerking card on Friday morning. 

That prompted my 10 year old to ask me what I planned on giving the hubs in return. At first, I tried to explain that I generally don't get the hubs a gift (unless you count the mega-large bag of peanut M&m's as a thoughtful, loving gift). 

Then he asked if I had bought them (the boys) anything.  I dodged the question because I hadn't really planned on it but the wheels were turning. 

What do you get a bunch of guys for Valentine's Day?! 

As I browsed the isles of Walmart later that morning, it hit me. What speaks love and adoration to a guy better than a movie night with popcorn, pop rocks, and root beer in glass bottles?!?!?!

I found the CUTE microwave popcorn tubs and added other fun yummies. I put a family movie in Daddy's bucket and BOOM! 

Happy Valentine's Day to my guys!! 

They loved them!  Armed with their own bucket of popcorn, snacks, and drinks....movie night was a HIT!






No comments:

Post a Comment