Saturday, January 2, 2010

Week 16-18: Dec 14-Jan 1



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!  Again, it's been almost a month since I've blogged.  With the holiday season behind us, I hopefully will have more time to blog at least weekly again.

Our break was a short one.  We only took Dec 23-25 and Jan 1st off from school.  It was hard getting back in a groove after our long November break.  I wasn't so ready to go through that again. We didn't accomplish much in science and history though.  After the three R's, we baked and baked and baked.  Then I cooked and cooked and cooked.  We did a few more Christmas crafts.

Out of state family made it in on Dec 22.  We put the books away by lunch and spent the next few days enjoying family time.  We had an awesome Christmas.  Kaleb declared it the BEST Christmas EVER.  Daddy had FOUR days off in a row so the boys were super excited to have all that Daddy time.  We even had a WHITE Christmas!  I think we got about 2-3 inches of snow on Christmas Eve night.  FUN!

The boys received a TON of cool board games.  We have been playing a couple every night since Christmas.

Back to school on Dec 28th with just the three R's again before another little break yesterday.  Bo and I went out with some friends for New Year's Eve.  My mom stayed with the boys.  Nathan was up when we got home.  The other three boys and their nana were sleeping! Nathan said he woke up Kaleb for the ball drop because Kaleb really wanted to see it.  He was back asleep in less than five minutes afterward....and doesn't even remember Nathan waking him!  He was a little upset when he woke up in the morning and realized he didn't remember.

We're having a lazy holiday weekend.  The Razorbacks are playing in a bowl game this evening.  We will be watching that and Nathan is having a cousin stay overnight. 

I have been getting everything organized for next week.  We will be back to our regular school schedule.  This week in history and science will be spent on getting all of our activities caught up.  Then my goal for the rest of the school year is to NOT get behind with the activities again!  We shall see....  :)  The rest of the subjectsWe dropped the ABC I Believe curriculum in early fall when the activities got to be too much.  We're just now picking it back up.  If we work hard and stay on track with it, Gabriel will be ready to start ETC A after our summer break.  I had planned on him starting ETC in May after his 4th birthday, but this will work out too.  Kaleb is doing SO well with reading!  We LOVE OPG!!  He enjoys reading BOB books over and over again too.  He finally is calling himself a *real* reader! lol  Nathan is doing well in math!  He is getting into decimals.  So far he says decimals are a *piece of cake*.  I hope that holds out for him.  He is still doing Math Mammoth Fractions 1 (blue series).  I really think it is helping him get a better grasp on fractions, and gives him a good review.  I will probably be getting more from MM.  Very inexpensive, colorful, and fun review.

Below are a few of our Christmas scrapbook pages.  I have two pages left to do and then December will be DONE!  I plan on spending January getting 2009 pages wrapped up and printed. (my plan anyway...)

I hope you all had a great holiday season!




No comments:

Post a Comment