Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekly Update: The First REAL One in a LONG Time.

Well. Finally. A REAL week of school. Thank you God.

We did get some schoolwork done last week but we had several appointments and events that took up a lot of our time.  We managed about two full days of schoolwork.  Considering we had a four day week with Bo being off the day after Christmas, I'm happy with what we accomplished!  I spent some time cleaning out the school closet but I still have some work to do in there.  I'll probably have it completely organized and just the way I want it.......by the time we get the garage converted into a family/school room and then I'll get to move everything into a new space! :)

This week was SO much better.  I think we are all ready to get back to a routine!

Bo was able to take Monday off due to New Years Day being on Sunday so we only had a four day week, and then one of those days we spent four hours on the road. 

Bo works out of town....on the other side of the state....3 1/2 hours away.  Since he went into business for himself last November, we decided to rent an apartment so the boys and I could hang out with him as much as possible.  Every week free of local commitments is spent with him.  We finally had a free week after all of the holiday celebrations and commitments so we followed him down on Monday evening.

Tuesday morning was spent grocery shopping for the apartment and getting a card at the local library.  We were able to check out a few books that the boys enjoyed reading this week.  The library is SUPER small but the ladies were all very nice and they have a weekly storytime/movie afternoon that we look forward to checking out.  The rest of the day was spent on schoolwork.  We decided to save our history reading for bedtime since we didn't have any bedtime storybooks with us.  It worked out perfectly! I think this is the beginning of a new habit. We'll get our history reading in AND make more time during the day for history crafts and activities.

We spent all of Wednesday doing schoolwork. We were able to get in a couple extra lessons since we had to miss Monday.  The little boys got bored FAST so I took them to the Dollar Tree to pick out some fun workbooks and coloring books.  They were happy for the rest of the afternoon.

We drove home on Thursday.  The plan was actually to come home Friday morning but we don't have Internet at the apartment yet and so, by Wednesday, all of the work (online and offline) that I needed to get done at home was constantly swimming around in my head.  And to be honest, I was a little bored too with so little to do myself.  We got home about mid-afternoon and managed to squeeze in some light schoolwork. 

Today was another good day of schoolwork.  I had a meeting this afternoon so we hit the books early and accomplished a lot before I had to leave.  The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping for the following week and getting ready for the Hogs bowl game. We are looking forward to a simple weekend with Dad before he goes out of town again on Monday.

Also looking forward to an even better school week coming up.  CRAFTS, catching up some history and geography activity stuff, starting on history fair projects, routine, routine, routine, and a LOT of fun.  SO excited to have my energy back!  I'm taking advantage for as long as I can.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment