Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinned It, Made It!

 
I LOVE finding yummolicious-looking recipes on Pinterest, and giving them a try. I've tried a few, and had some successes...and not-so-successes.

Saturday night's meal was a definite success!



Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with a Pineapple Salsa.
{click on pic for link}
 
 The salsa was ok. Kind of seemed like it could use another flavor or two.  Maybe next time I'll throw in some cilantro.  BUT the rub was FABULOUS!!  Loved it!

I am not fond of bone-in meats, so I used boneless pork chops. So tender and juicy. My boys loved it {minus the salsa...it was SPICY!}. The hubs loved it.


My version.
 
12 thumbs up from our house!!

7 comments:

  1. It looks good... but I do not like chili powder. I can handle a small amount of cumin better.... so might can substitute. I think for the salsa you could substitute sweet peppers like bell or sweet banana pepper for the jalapeno pepper. I might try that :-) I like to combine sweet banana pepper and pineapple together in stir-fry.. so think it would work.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, I love the idea of adding sweet banana pepper! We may have to give that a try! Thanks!! :)

      Delete
  2. Christie,

    This looks so delicious! I'm pinned it to make for supper one night. I bet it would taste good on chicken too! I know my husband would love it! I'm so glad to have you for the party! Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christie.....

    How can I find you on Pinterest. I'd love to follow you there too! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be good on chicken too! :) Here is my Pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/mama24monkeys/
      I'm following you on Pinterest now!
      Have a great week!!

      Delete
  4. Christie, that is a lot of thumbs up! Good job!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is Cindi! lol :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete