Tuesday, September 4, 2012

She said three words and I knew.

Three words that I have been whispering to myself with every problem, big or small, that has cropped up in the last year...reminding myself that I'm not going at this alone, that there is a PLAN already in place and everything is going according to that plan, HIS plan. 

Three words that have calmed my heart on so many occasions.

And so when a friend said them in a moment of {my} panic without knowing my connection to these exact words, my heart smiled because I knew it was straight from God. His way of telling me it's all part of His plan and will be ok.

"God's got this."

Indeed. And THANKFULLY so.

Lately it seems things have been happening so fast and way out of my control.  Things that I didn't expect and would have never seen coming.  Things that made me question myself and my ability/desire/call to serve others.

I have been beating myself up over these things that were never in my control in the first place.

Oh man. How FREEING that statement is! How humbling.

God's got this. He always has. He always will.

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
 

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11





5 comments:

  1. Amen! So true and I need to remind myself often of these 3 little words. I like this post, short and sweet. Bless you, Gail (BibleLoveNotes.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those three words have saved me from many a panic-attack. Thank you for linking up with us at Getting Down With Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's the only answer we have... and He has it always and cares for us all the time. And will forever. Isn't that a blessing to know and truly understand? Makes a difference to our whole life. Makes me rejoice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those three words are powerful if we truly believe He's sovereign and good, aren't they? Visiting from Jennifer's today and glad i stopped by. Keep clinging to HIm and letting Him unfold His perfect plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in those words right now, so thank you for reminding me that I need to bring them deeper into my heart.

    ReplyDelete