Friday, September 11, 2009

The Ant Craze.

I sent Nathan out to start mowing for me this morning. He ran back inside and said the lawnmover was covered in ants. Yeah, right. I seriously thought he was just trying to avoid having to mow. I went out to see for myself and, sure enough, a HUGE ant colony had moved into the handle of the push mower! They were everywhere! After he pulled the mower into the driveway, they went crazy!

I started to just use ant spray but I saw quickly that it wasn't working very well. They just kept pouring out of the holes in the handle. I had to use a water hose and flush them out. I have never in my life seen so many ants in one place!

I took this short video with my cell phone before spraying the mower. It is blurry but you can see all the movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment