Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cool local curriculum finds!

I love buying new curriculum books and supplies....so much so that I start looking forward to the next year's shopping as soon as I'm done with the current year's shopping. 

I usually find all of our curriculum online, but this year has been a bit different.  Two ladies in our area pulled together the first annual homeschool curriculum consignment sale.  I didn't have much to sell and actually didn't even get my things ready in time for the sale, thanks to a head cold, but I wasn't looking forward to selling.  I was looking forward to buying. 

I had a mental list of items we need for the 2011-2012 school year, and then I had the mental list of items I want and items we would need in the future.  I had decided I would only purchase wants and future needs if they were a steal.  I researched online all of the items on my list to have an idea of prices.

I am SO excited with the deals I made!! 
My greatest find which was actually several finds to make the set was the Saxon Math Algebra 1/2.  I was a little overwhelmed with all the *stuff* included in the set.  I was so thankful that a good friend helped me sort it all out, and I came away with everything Nathan needs for less than $30!!


I also found this Rod & Staff English 3 student/teacher set for $6!!  My long term *plan* is to start the littles on R&S English after they each finish First Language Lessons 1/2. 



This Wordly Wise workbook was only a buck fifty.  I'm not sure if I'll use it for Kaleb this year or next but I do want to give it a try.  As much as Nathan and I detest WW, I honestly think its a good program.  If it doesn't work for Kaleb, I'm only out $1.50. 



There was also a FREE table.  YES!  I found a devotional for Nathan, and Kaleb and Gabriel each found a little book they wanted.   I don't know why this picture is turned sideways....it isn't in my photo album! This is the devotional for Nathan and the other book is a homeschool book that I picked up for about $2.



So I only found one need for the new school year but it was a HUGE need, and I think I scored a great deal!  Now to scour the internet for the rest of our school needs!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds - I always love to find a good deal, too.

    ReplyDelete